From the Elders of New Hope Community Church,
This Sunday, January 3 we will resume in-person worship services at New Hope. At the beginning of December 2020 New Hope experienced an outbreak of Covid 19 in the congregation. This directly impacted several families who contracted the virus, as well as multiple other congregants who were exposed to the virus. The Covid numbers in Tennessee led the nation in December, and since we were dealing with the virus on a personal level with people we know and love, the decision was made to go Livestream Only for the entire month to prevent any additional spread.
The elders of New Hope have had multiple meetings to discuss when the church would return to in-person worship services and additional health and safety measures that would need to be implemented upon return. When services resume this Sunday, January 3 the church will be requiring the following:
- Proper social-distancing of 6 feet should be followed at all times.
- 8:30 AM Worship Service – Mask wearing and social distancing will be required at all times.
- 10:00 AM Worship Service – Mask wearing will be required when entering any New Hope facility and when individuals are up and moving around the building(s). This includes the sanctuary, gallery, hallways, restrooms, Student Building, and Children’s Ministry area. The mask can only be removed when attendees are seated in their pew/chair and properly social-distanced.
- This same requirement (10:00 AM Worship Mask requirement) also applies for all weekday meetings, groups, and activities that take place at New Hope.
- Nursery aged children are exempt from this. (Pre-k and younger)
- The Children’s and Student Ministries will follow these requirements in all of their meetings.
- Students must sit with their families during the worship service.
- The entire church facility will be sanitized weekly with Clorox 360 disinfectant. Additional cleanings will be added if deemed necessary.
We know we can’t stop people from getting sick, but we hope these new measures will lessen the chance of another outbreak taking place in the church. Thank you for following these new health and safety requirements. We look forward to worshipping again with you in-person.
The Elders of New Hope Community Church